How do I earn a Skills Certificate?
The National Career Readiness (NCRC/KEC) Certificate was created to provide skill-based credentials for individuals to help them secure employment, provide employers with workers that have documented skills proficiency, and certify applicants that employers can hire with confidence.
National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC)
- If additional instruction is needed to prepare you for taking the Work Keys assessment to earn your National Career Readiness Certificate, the staff will enroll you in an online program designed to review the skills assessed.
- The NCRC measures in three areas, Reading for Information, Applied Mathematics, and Locating Information.
- The staff at the Center will administer the free NCRC assessment for you.
- Silver for a minimum level score of 4 on all three assessments. Demonstrates the skill levels needed in 65% of today’s jobs.
- Gold for a minimum level score of 5 on all three assessments. Demonstrates skill levels needed in 90% of today’s jobs.
- Platinum for a minimum level score of 6 on all three assessments. Demonstrates the skill levels needed in 99% of today’s jobs.